Register your application on is the website for you who are applying to upper secondary education and for mediation to in-service training at a training establishment. There are many private upper secondary schools where you must send applications directly to the school itself.

If you have any questions about your application, contact the admissions office in your county .

Electronic ID

When you are going to use public services on the Internet, it is necessary to have secure identification. Electronic ID secures communication between yourself and the public services, for instance when you are applying for a place in school. You must therefore use electronic ID to log in to You can choose between four electronic IDs: MinID, BankID, Buypass and Commfides. The website provides help and user support for all four electronic IDs. Here on you will only find information about MinID. 

It is easy to get and use MinID

When you have received the activation letter you can choose between two registration methods:

  1. App user
    Download the MinID app and register by scanning the activation code (QR) in the letter. This is the recommended method. The app will then be used as a log-in factor whenever you log in.

  2. SMS user
    You can scan the activation code (QR) in the letter with your mobile phone camera or go to the website listed in the letter to register. You will then be an SMS user.

Both methods require that you enter your national ID number and create a personal password.

Do you need help with MinID?
Contact user support for MinID on telephone 800 30 300 or e-mail  

At you will also find more information about these two registration methods:
•    How to register MinID with the app
•    How to register MinID with the activation letter


Register your application on

When you have established and activated an MinID user with your personal password you can log in to to register your application. 

  • Check that your mobile telephone number, e-mail address and postal address are correct on
  • Register your application. There is information on the applications page.
  • Read the instructions carefully.
  • See also What can you apply for?
  • Do you need any help with the application? Contact your school counsellor.
  • Remember to print a receipt for your application before you log out. 
  • If  you have completed lower secondary education abroad, you must contact the county you are moving back to before you can apply to upper secondary education and training on  

Amending your information on

  • Before the applications deadline you may amend your application whenever you like on
  • If you get a new mobile phone number or a new e-mail address you must
    • change the information on (before 1 July in most counties)
      – remember that you must also update your mobile phone number and email address in MinID.
    • notify the admissions office (after 1 July in most counties).
    Just imagine what would happen if somebody else received your admissions notification!

Enclosures to your application

  • Mark all your enclosures with your personal identity number (11 digits)
  • Make sure you send in the correct number of copies of each enclosure
  • Send all application enclosures by post to the admissions office in your home county by the application deadline.

You can find out where to get enclosure forms by checking with your home county.

Information from Rogaland

The county has no supplementary information on this point.