Vis meny

Technical and industrial production


You learn 

  • production planning and production processes 
  • about engines, motor vehicles and production equipment
  • about chemical processes and chemistry techniques
  • about health, environment and safety

You should be

  • practically minded and good at working with your hands
  • independent and meticulous
  • interested in new technology

You can become

  • an aluminium constructor, a welder or a sheet metal worker
  • a toolmaker, an instrument and toolmaker or a locksmith
  • a bookbinder or a graphic printer
  • a laboratory technician or a chemical processing technician
  • an industrial sewer, an industrial textiles technician (knitwear) or a laundry technician
  • a motor vehicle body repair technician, a motor vehicle mechanic or a vehicle sprayer
  • a construction machinery, an agricultural machinery or an engine mechanic
  • a drill operator or a drill and rig operator
  • a seaman or a ship engine mechanic
    See all vocations and competences

Work places

  • the technical and electro-mechanical industry
  • the ship industry or the car industry
  • the chemical process industry or the textile industry
  • the car industry or the oil industry 

More education

Vocational education and training lead to vocational competence (with or without a trade or journeyman’s certificate). After completing vocational education and training you can start working or take further education:

  • You can take further education at a tertiary vocational college. A tertiary vocational education is a short vocational further education meant for those who have taken vocational education and training.
  • You can take a Vg3 supplementary programme for general university admissions certification
    – after Vg2 or
    – after achieving vocational competence.
    You will then have the option to take higher education at a university college or university. Remember that some study programmes, such as for instance engineering, science and medical studies, require you to have certain science subjects.
  • You can also apply for admission to higher education after a preliminary course or by the Y-path, the vocational pathway to higher education. The Y-path is intended for those with relevant vocational experience. Preliminary courses and the Y-path are most commonly used for science and engineering studies.

More about technical and industrial production