Vis meny

Site map

Here you will find an overview of the menu entries in

Front page
Education programmes

What is upper secondary education and training?
Education programmes and programme areas
     Vg1, Vg2 and Vg3
     University admissions certification
     Vocational competence
     Supplementary programme for general university admissions certification
     Documented partial competence
Subjects and choice of subjects
     Common core subjects
     Programme subjects
     Vocational specialization
     Choice of foreign languages
     Theoretical or practical mathematics?
     Choice of mathematics
     Subjects from upper secondary education in the lower secondary school
     The curriculum for the Knowledge Promotion
     Sami and Finnish
          Knowledge Promotion – Sami
          Sami as a 1st or 2nd language
          Finnish as a 2nd language
          Foreign languages and Sami/Finnish
          Distribution of periods and subjects between Sami/Finnish and Norwegian
          Sami and Finnish as foreign languages
     Vision impaired and hearing impaired pupils
          Education and training for the vision impaired
          Education and training for the hearing impaired
          Distribution of periods and subjects for the hearing impaired
     Transitional rules from Reform ’94 to the Knowledge Promotion
Assessment, competence and documentation
     Assessment in subjects
     Assessment in orderliness and behaviour
     Dialogue about other development
     Complaint about assessment
          Deadlines for complaints
          Complaint about overall achievement grade
          Complaint about written examination grade
          Complaint about oral examination grade
          Complaints concerning results of other examinations
Finances, residence and transport
     Free teaching aids and equipment
     Equipment grant - remember to apply!
     Grants and loans from the Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund
     Other grants and endowments
     Transportation to and from school
Cooperation with parents

Counselling and guidance
How do you choose an education or vocation?
     What works for you?
     Do you have special needs?
     Society’s current and future needs
     Where can you get help to choose?
     Can you change your mind?
Counselling and guidance
     Educational and vocational counselling
     Socio-educational counselling
     Educational Psychological Counselling Service (PPT)
     Follow-up service (Oppfølgingstjenesten, or OT)
     Counsellors for minorities

Application, response and rules
Deadlines for applications and admission calendar
What can you apply for?
     Special courses on offer in your county
     Minority language applicants
          Information in several languages
          Special language education for language minorities
          Specially adapted courses in programmes for general studies
          Documentation of proficiency in foreign languages
     Differentiated education
          Special education
     Alternative training options in your county
Where can you get upper secondary education and training?
     Schooling in other counties
     National courses and nationwide programmes
     State-owned schools
     Independent schools that are entitled to public funding
     Schooling on Svalbard
     Schooling in the Nordic countries
     Pupil exchange
     United World Colleges (UWC)
     Schooling in France
     Upper secondary education in Russia
     Norwegian private schools abroad
Rules of admission and calculation of points
     Admission for pupils with preferential rights
     Admission after individual treatment
     Physical and medical factors
     Accrediting education taken abroad
     Right to file a complaint
Register your application on
     Amending your application
     Submitting documentation
Response to the offer of placement
     Loss of a place at school
The right to upper secondary education and training
     Rights as a young person (statutory rights for young people)
     Right to extended time for education
     The right to re-selection
     When do you use your right to upper secondary education and training?
     Interruption or break in your education

Apprentice/training candidate and training establishment
How to apply for an apprenticeship
     How is your application dealt with?
     Are you guaranteed an apprenticeship placement?
     Preparing for your employment interview at the in-service training establishment
     Apprenticeship contract
     Apprentice’s rights and obligations
Training candidate
     Application and placement
     In-service training contract
     Skills test
     Training candidate"s rights and obligations
Training practice certificates
     The training practice certificate candidate’s rights and obligations
     Training practice certificate test
     Training contract
Training in training establishments
     Training and value creation
     Special path (specially designed courses)
     Trades involving longer periods of training
     Alternative organization of training in school and enterprise
In-service training establishments, vocational offices and member enterprises
     Rights and obligations of in-service training establishments
Assessment, competence and documentation - recognized trades
     Assessment during in-service training
     Trade or journeyman’s examination
     Competence – recognized trades
     Documentation – recognized trades
     The consequences of absence
     Complaint about assessment - recognized trade
          Deadlines for complaints
Working hours, holidays and days off
     Grants and loans

Rights for adults (statutory rights as an adult)
     Who does not have special rights?
     Right to complete a given course of study (fullbyrdelsesrett)
School-based education and training for adults
     Deadline for the receipt of applications
     Responsibility for education and training
     Pupil or external candidate?
     General studies courses for adults
     Vocational school-based education and training for adults
     Exemption from common core subjects in vocational education and training
Assessment of formal, non-formal and informal qualifications
     Complaint about the validation of formal, informal and non-formal qualifications
Trade and journeyman’s certificates for adults
     Practice candidates
Labour market courses
Finances - adults

More education
Folk high schools
Tertiary vocational education
Higher education
     Deadlines for applications
     General university admissions certification and special admissions requirements
     Calculation of points on admission to studies at colleges and universities
     Admission quotas
     Teacher education and health care studies - special admission requirements
     Admission on special grounds
     Universities and Colleges Admission Service (SO)
     Education taken abroad
     Higher education based on total qualifications

Forms and attachments
Frequently asked questions
Useful websites
Site map
Guide to
Admissions offices
Vocational training offices
Contact us
Protection of privacy /cookies



No county has additional information to this item

Choose your county on the map.