Service and transport

You learn

  • customer relations and sales 
  • administration and text processing
  • about travel, tourism and goods transport
  • electronic document processing
  • about legislation and regulations 

You should be

  • polite, sociable and service-minded
  • interested in working with people
  • open for different cultures and traditions

You can become

  • an ICT service representative 
  • a travel agent or a receptionist
  • an office and administrative worker or a sales representative
  • a security guard
  • a logistics operator or transport driver
    See alle vocations and competences

Work places

  • public or private offices
  • security companies
  • travel agencies or receptions
  • the sales industry or IT enterprises
  • the transport industry (of people or goods)

More education

Vocational education and training lead to vocational competence (with or without a trade or journeyman’s certificate). After completing vocational education and training you can start working or take further education:

  • You can take further education at a tertiary vocational college. A tertiary vocational education is a short vocational further education meant for those who have taken vocational education and training.
  • You can take a Vg3 supplementary programme for general university admissions certification
    – after Vg2 or
    – after achieving vocational competence.
    You will then have the option to take higher education at a university college or university. Remember that some study programmes, such as for instance engineering, science and medical studies, require you to have certain science subjects.
  • You can also apply for admission to higher education after a preliminary course or by the Y-path, the vocational pathway to higher education. The Y-path is intended for those with relevant vocational experience. Preliminary courses and the Y-path are most commonly used for science and engineering studies.