In some cases, the young persons right entitles you to extra education time.
Extended time with special needs education
You may be granted up to two extra school years if you are entitled to
- special education, and you have the need for extra teaching time according to the goals that have been set for your education *
- teaching in and by sign language or braille *
- special language instruction
*Requires an expert appraisal from the Educational Psychological Services.
Extended time if you change your choice
- If you have changed your choice, you will be granted extra time so that you can complete the education.
- Remember that you can change your choice with the right to extended time only once.
Extended young person–s right
If you have lost a major portion of a school year at upper secondary school because of illness or injury, you can apply for extended right. You can apply for a delay and reserved place at a later time due to such things as military service, pregnancy or unavoidable medical/social circumstances.
For additional information, contact your school guidance counsellor.
Choose your county!
These counties have additional information for this topic: