Results of the admissionIn July you will be informed of the result of the admission. You can find information about exact dates for your county in the admission calender or by contacting the admission office.
- You will be informed of the result of the admission by SMS (by e-mail in some counties).
- Log in to vigo.no with MinID to find out which offer of placement you have received.
- Respond to the offer of placement and/or a place on the waiting list.
- Remember your password to MinID
- Learn your personal identity number ("fødselsnummer" in Norwegian)
- You need your mobile telephone*
- Take good care of your PIN code sheet!
- Do you need help with MinID?
Have you lost your PIN codes and/or forgotten your password?
Read about logging in to vigo.no and help with MinID.
* If you do not have a mobile phone, you must use the PIN codes from the PIN code sheet.
Types of response after admission
There are three ways to respond. You are to answer yes or no by ticking off the appropriate box. Remember that the order of priority in your application is binding at all times.
- A placement offer in accordance with your first choice
- This is the only offer you will get. You will not be offered a place that you have assigned a lower priority.
- If you answer no, you will be dropped from the admission system.
- A placement offer with a lower priority and a place on the waiting list for a higher priority request
- You can accept the offer you are given and still be on the waiting list for a higher priority choice – in other words, answer yes to the offer and yes to the waiting list. You should do this!
- If you have answered yes to a place on the waiting list and receive a new placement offer in line with a higher priority request, then you no longer have the place you accepted previously.
- If you answer no to a placement offer, you lose that place. Even if you answer yes to a place on the waiting list, it is not certain that you will subsequently receive an offer for a place in line with a higher priority request. In other words, you risk winding up with no place at school at all.
- Please note that you will not remain on the waiting list for any requests with a lower priority than the one for which you are accepted.
- In some counties you may choose to remain on the waiting list for only some of your high priority requests whereas in other counties you may be on the waiting list for all of them.
- The offer of a place on the waiting list
- If you answer yes, you will remain on the waiting list.
- If you answer no, you will be dropped from the admissions system.
If you are away or do not have the opportunity to reply before the deadline to any offer you have received, you can register an advance reply on your application at vigo.no. You can do this from 2 March until 1 July in most counties. In some counties you can register an advance answer as soon as you have registered the application at vigo.no.
Choose your county!
These counties have additional information for this topic: