Agriculture, fishing and forestry

You learn

  • about natural materials and landscaping
  • about fishing and outdoor life
  • about animal husbandry and animal welfare
  • about plants and natural processes
  • about biological production

You should be

  • practically minded
  • interested in outdoor work
  • caring towards people, animals and the environment

You can become

  • a gardener or an agronomist
  • a forestry worker
  • a farrier or skilled equestrian
  • a skilled worker in reindeer husbandry
  • a fisherman or skilled operator in aquaculture
    See all vocations and competences

You achieve

Work places

  • agriculture or forestry
  • nursery or horticulture
  • fishing or fish farming
  • reindeer husbandry

More education

Vocational education and training lead to vocational competence (with or without a trade or journeyman’s certificate). After completing vocational education and training you can start working or take further education:

  • You can take further education at a tertiary vocational college. A tertiary vocational education is a short vocational further education meant for those who have taken vocational education and training.
  • You can take a Vg3 supplementary programme for general university admissions certification
    – after Vg2 or
    – after achieving vocational competence.
    You will then have the option to take higher education at a university college or university. Remember that some study programmes, such as for instance engineering, science and medical studies, require you to have certain science subjects.
  • You can also apply for admission to higher education after a preliminary course or by the Y-path, the vocational pathway to higher education. The Y-path is intended for those with relevant vocational experience. Preliminary courses and the Y-path are most commonly used for science and engineering studies.