You choose a specialization in
Depending on your choice of subjects:
- music performance, individually and in interplay with others
- dance expression, dance techniques and choreography
- acting techniques, direction and theatre production
- to develop your creative abilities further
- theoretical subjects
You should beDepending on your specialization:
- musical and good at singing or playing an instrument
- being good at a dance style
- interested in playing roles and being on a stage
- prepared to practice a lot, alone and with others, during and outside school hours
Up to one half of the pupils on Vg1 may be admitted on the basis of an admission test or documented skills.
- general university admissions certification and can take higher education
If you take higher education you can, among other things, become
- a dancer, a choreographer or a dance teacher
- a singer, a music teacher or a music therapist
- an actor, a set designer or a dramaturg
You can also take an education for other professions – with general university admissions certification you can apply to most studies at university colleges and universities.
Work places may be
- theatres or opera houses
- orchestras, concert halls or bands
- nursing homes or schools
Admission to higher education
With general university admissions certification you may apply to most studies at university colleges and universities. However, some studies have special admission requirements:
- Admission tests: Some studies require a practical admission test. Examples of such studies are creative or sports studies.
- Science requirements: Some studies require you to have certain science subjects. Examples of such studies are engineering, science and medical studies. You will find the admission requirements for university colleges and universities at samordnaopptak.no. In some education programmes it may be difficult to find room on the timetable to choose all the sciences you need. If you take specialization in general studies with natural science and mathematics at Vg2 and Vg3 you stand the best chance of being able to take the sciences you need.
Choice of subjects in the education programme for music, dance and drama
- Three programme subjects you can choose yourself, one at Vg1, one at Vg2 and one on Vg3.
- The optional programme subjects may be further specialization in music, dance and drama and/or subjects from another programme area in an education programme with specialization in general studies (for instance sciences or foreign languages).
- It is up to the school to decide which programme subjects they offer.
- Did you not have a foreign language in the lower secondary school? In this case, you must take a foreign language as a common core subject on Vg3 instead of the optional programme subject on Vg3.
- Do you have special dreams for the future? If so, you should check the admission requirements for the study programme before you choose subjects.
- Programme subjects in foreign languages and sciences award bonus points for admission to higher education.