- narrative techniques in text, sound and image
- about media influence, media history and journalism
- to shape message, expression and layout
- the use of form, colour and lighting as effects
- to develop your digital competence further
- theoretical subjects
You should have
- a good ability for written and oral expression
- a sense of aesthetics and good colour vision
- an interest for information technology and digital media
- university admissions certification and can take higher education
If you take higher education you can, among other things, become
- a journalist, a copywriter or a content producer
- a web designer, an interaction designer or a game designer
- a sound technician or a sound or film producer
- a communication advisor or a media and society consultant
You can also take an education for other professions – with general university admissions certification you can apply to most studies at university colleges and universities
Work places may be
- newspapers or magazines
- advertising agencies or communication agencies
- production companies or media companies
- public enterprises
Admission to higher education
With general university admissions certification you may apply to most studies at university colleges and universities. However, some studies have special admission requirements:
- Admission tests: Some studies require a practical admission test. Examples of such studies are creative or sports studies.
- Science requirements: Some studies require you to have certain science subjects. Examples of such studies are engineering, science and medical studies. You will find the admission requirements for university colleges and universities at samordnaopptak.no. In some education programmes it may be difficult to find room on the timetable to choose all the sciences you need. If you take specialization in general studies with natural science and mathematics at Vg2 and Vg3 you stand the best chance of being able to take the sciences you need.
Choice of subjects in the education programme for media and communication
- Three programme subjects you can choose yourself, one at Vg2 and two at Vg3.
- The optional programme subjects may be further specialization in media and communication and/or subjects from another programme area in an education programme with specialization in general studies (for instance sciences or foreign languages).
- It is up to the school to decide which programme subjects they offer.
- Did you not have a foreign language in the lower secondary school? In this case, you must take a foreign language as a common core subject at Vg3 instead of one of the two optional programme subjects at Vg3.
- Do you have special dreams for the future? If so, you should check the admission requirements for the study programme before you choose subjects.
- Programme subjects in foreign languages and sciences award bonus points for admission to higher education
Media and communication (old structure)
- From the autumn of 2016 media and communication became an education programme in general studies.
- Pupils who started on media and communication in the autumn of 2015 or earlier, complete their education according to the old structure.
- Photography, media graphics and media design are offered in a separate pathway for media production in the education programme for design, arts and crafts.