As a baker, you may find employment at a pastry shop or bakers. Places of employment are also found at hotels, restaurants, and other large institutional households.
Key areas of work include:
- treatment and storage of raw materials
- preparation and production of breads and other baked goods, according to traditional or newer preparation and conservation methods
- choice of correct production methods following recipes, quantities, and available production equipment
- adaptation of recipes and production processes based on company and client needs
- the use and maintenance of machines and equipment
- use of computer technology (IT) and technical manuals
A baker should be able to work from plans, be rational, efficient, and precise – according to the company's fixed production specifications, and according to the client's desires and needs. You should be interested in food and maintain good hygiene as you work. You should be service-minded.